I’ve borrowed the following from fellow blogger and friend Inside the mind of Isadora at http://www.insidethemindofisadora.com …for Nurturing Thursdays.
“The Layman’s Ten Commandments”
1. Prayer is not a “Spare Wheel” that you pull out when in trouble, but it is a “Steering Wheel” that directs the right path throughout the journey.
2. Why is a car’s Windshield so large and the Rear View Mirror so small? Because our PAST is not as important as our FUTURE; so look ahead and move on.
3. Friendship is like a BOOK. It takes a few minutes to Burn, but it takes years to Write.
4. All things in life are Temporary. If things are Going Well, Enjoy It; they will not last forever. If things are Going Wrong, Don’t Worry; they will not last long either.
5. Old Friends are Gold! New Friends are Diamond! If you get a Diamond, don’t forget the Gold! Because to hold a Diamond, you always need a Base of Gold!
6. Often when we lose hope and think this is the end, GOD smiles from above and says, “Relax, sweetheart, it’s just a bend, not the end!
7. When GOD solves your problems, you have Faith in HIS Abilities; when GOD doesn’t solve your problems HE has faith in YOUR Abilities.
8. A blind person asked St. Anthony: “Can there be anything worse than losing eye sight?” He replied: “Yes, losing your vision!”
9. When you Pray for Others, God Listens to you and blesses them, so sometimes, when you are safe and happy, remember that someone has prayed for you.