Turning 61 this year means that I will be stepping through the doorway into the “twilight of my years.” I can see the sun setting ever so gradually upon the horizon. Not that I mind, much. Except for missing family, friends and pets, I know I’m doing the best I can with what life has dished up. And I continue to squirrel away wonderful memories to take with me on my next “adventure.” Like my all-time favorite sitcom “I Love Lucy”, I expect to be churning out episodes of my life well into the hereafter. So stay tuned.
That said, I have loosely comprised lists of things I’d like to accomplish, before I dance as backup to Michael Jackson and jam with Elvis. As you can see, I’ve differentiated between those that are real possibilities, and those that are well, not so much.
if I try REAL hard:
- Be totally satisfied with how I’ve constructed my blog.
- Entice lots of folks to read my blog.
- Have my writing published in hard copy, even if it’s only a footnote in someonelse’s book.
- Lose 10-15 pounds. (My excuse is menopause.)
- Spend more time playing with my pets. (Can be a full time job, like blogging.)
- Read the Twilight Saga series. (Harder for me than you might think.)
- Revisit Venice with my husband and daughter.
- Downsize my enormous collection of stuff.
- Replace my SUV with a sporty convertible or volkswagon bug.(Vroom…vroom! I’m the little ole lady from…)
not in a million years:
- Meet and visit with Katherine Jackson.
- Meet and visit with Lisa Marie Presley.
- Meet and visit with the Obama family.
- Visit the Galapagos Islands.
- Buy a vacation home in Hawaii.
- Fly businees class everytime I travel. (Hubby’s already nixed this idea.)
- Sing with a band, any band.
- Eat anything I like without “suffering” the consequences.
- Drive on freeways without panicking that I’ll end up in another state. (“I’m goin’ on the freeway! I’m goin’ on the freeway!” I actually screamed this over the phone to my husband once.)
- Win the lottery! (“You gotta be in it to win it.)