1905 advertisement illustration showing woman using fire extinguisher. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
Quick lesson on the use of a home fire extinguisher gratis World News Tonight with Diane Sawyer.
According to the report, many homeowners have fire extinguishers. I’m one of those. Unfortunately, not many know how to use them. I’m one of those too.
The good news, if there is any when you’re in the midst of a home fire, is the following. Useful instructions provided by a fireman interviewed for the ABC nightly segment.
- PULL the clip.
- AIM the fire extinguisher.
- SPRAY the chemical ingredients.
- SIDE to SIDE sweeping movement.
The report went on to say that using a fire extinguisher is fine if the fire is still in its infancy. However, if it is full blown…GET OUT…FAST!!!
If you’re like me, you’ll print a copy of this and post it near the stove…and anywherelse you think a fire might start.
…my memory’s…not what it use to be…
There’s a definite camaraderie among WordPress bloggers. It’s no more evident than when someone reaches out to lend a helping hand. Friend and fellow blogger, Kate at http://believeanyway.wordpress.com answered my request for someone knowledgeable in inserting Youtube videos into posts. I’d been able to do it before, but for no apparent reason that I could discern, I was no longer able to do so.
Image via Wikipedia
Coming to my rescue like a princess on a white charger was Kate’s friend Connie at http://ahopefortoday.com She emailed me the following instructions which even I could easily understand. I’ve been wanting to share them with you should you ever find yourself up a creek without a paddle…or canoe…as is usually my situation.
Embedding a Youtube Video
by Connie Wayne
1. Select your Youtube video.
2. Click on “share.”
3. Click on “embed.”
4. Copy html code in pop up box.
5. Return to your post draft.
6. Click on HTML (upper right corner above body of draft).
7. Place cursor where you want to insert the video. Paste. html code should “drop” into place.
8. Click back to Visual.
9. Save draft.
10. Voila! You’ve done it. You’ll either see the html code, or an empty colored box.
11. Preview post. You should see the Youtube video.
You might want to check out Connie’s daily, inspirational offering of the day. When you visit her blog, tell her…
…whatever you like…she’s all ears…and all heart…