On my recent flight home, I overheard a fellow passenger remark “It’s good to get away, but it’s always good to come home…sleep in my own bed.” Amen! Again I say, Amen! So this seems as good a time as any to reflect upon that for which I’m very thankful, beginning with…
- The memory foam mattress that snuggles up against all the contours of my body, as though I was sleeping on a cloud. Now if only I could lay my brain beside me, so it too could get a good night’s rest. Maybe then I’d slumber peacefully, rather than thinking what next to write.
- My husband’s affection pulling me into a huge bear hug. Just where I belong, until death do us part…not even then.
- Crouching down beside Mocha, the doggie “love of my life,” to whisper “sweet nothings” in her ear.
- Lovingly stroking the length of Sitka, Juneau and Sunkist, as they stretch up to share their hearts with me.
- Laying my weary head on my daughter’s shoulder, as she embraces me into the bosom of her “old soul.”
- Letting my home, still decorated for Christmas, nourish my soul with childhood delights.
- Reading emails from friends and family, sharing memories, newfound discoveries, and always love and concern.
- Writing and blogging, journaling my thoughts and feelings, wary of the day when I might not, but thankful for the precious moments of the present.
- Knowing that I’ve a network of online readers with whom to share my journey is mind-boggling, but a blessing I wholeheartedly welcome.
- My health, such as it is, keeps me ever mindful that quality of life is fragile, and shouldn’t be compromised by poor choices.
- The Maui of my childhood, where innocence and naivete abounded, ingrained forever in my moral fiber.
- My Aloha spirit, my compassion for others, a legacy from my mom and those who came before.
- The 2 angels who have gently guarded my well-being these last decades of my life, continuing to do so, my husband of 40 years and my daughter of 24.
- And God above all, who gifted me with life, ensuring my best, knowing He is always with me…ALWAYS.
counted your blessings lately?…hugmamma.